Spotlight Hobbies

Not much....

You can add headers, though the exhaust system needs to remain in place, though it doesn't need to function. Some drag only cars ran a single exhaust pipe , muffler, tail pip,. and often would have the exhaust pipe connected to the header collector from the side instead of the outlet.

Others just had the exhaust pipe cut off and tucked up out of the way. If you're driving your Jr Stocker to the track, just disconnect the exhaust and let it hang, or you could use some kind of cut out.

Your JR stocker had to have stock engine spec components, you could use aftermarket parts but must be stock specs.

You might consider the grant distributor found in the AMT 53 ford pickup. (Not sure why it was legal, but it was). It's on the chrome tree, but the ones I've seen are orange or red.

You can run after market plug wires, but the rest of the stock ignition system needs to be in place. Depending on time frame, I think aftermarket coils were allowed. Battery needs to be in stock location.

The stock carbs are required but the air cleaner is up too you, no velo stacks.

The body and interior are not to be altered, including emblems, I have seen some with the wiper arms removed . A roll bar is allowed, but was not very common in JR stock. The heater doesn't need to work, but the components need to be there as do all the dash components. You can delete the radio , but a delete plate needs to be there. A heater delete car would also need a block off plate. Nearly everyone ran aftermarket gauges, especially a tach, and as often as not mounted on the steering column or dash mounted. Other aftermarket gauges mounted on the under side of the dash are OK. And believe it or not, you need a functioning horn, but if your car has 2 you can remove one.

Your wheel covers need to go, steel wheels or aftermarket mag wheels are fine, rear slicks not to exceed 7 in width.

you can add traction bars, most were homemade slapper bars.

Basically stock is just what the name implies, STOCK!

Be prepared to pull the heads and get teched if you win class.

add a cool car name, a local garage or corner filling station sponsor and most likely drive or flat tow your JR Stocker to the dragstrip and bring home the trophies. ( if you flat tow, be sure to put the slicks in the cargo area and tow with street tires,

Messages In This Thread