Spotlight Hobbies

1963s for 6-3

AMT 1963 Buick.. This is an unpainted survivor that I bought in 1963

AMT 1963 Chevrolet. This too is one I bought in 1963. When I got interested in models for the second time I rebuilt this one using a 62 Bel Air chassis and engine.

AMT 1963 Chevrolet (Prestige edition). I turned this into one of Junior Johnson's cars

Revell 1963 Chevrolet. I made this for my service station diorama. The lighting makes it look yellow, but it is actually white.

Revell 1963 Chevrolet. I used an MCW conversion kit to make this a Z-11

AMT 1963 Corvette. This is another one that I bought and built in 1963. I have since rebuilt it.

AMT 1963 Chevy II. Another survivor that I built as a teenager.

AMT 1963 Chevy II. When the new wagon came out I had to get one (two actually). I built it like my teenage build of this vehicle.

AMT 1963 Chevy II. In the late 60's AMT turned many of their old annual kits into funny cars or stock cars. The Chevy II wagon was not imune!

AMT 1963 Chevy II. This is another survivor. It has a 327 (with rear sump) which appears to be original to the kit, although V8s would not be available in the Chevy II until 64. Does anyone have any history on this?

AMT 1963 Ford. Seems like 1963 was a big year for me. Lots of 3 in 1 kits. Here is another survivor. I painted it with an automotive lacquer spray bomb. Too hot for the plastic. I didn't know about primer then.

AMT 1963 Mercury. Another lacquer paint job. This one didn't affect the plastic as bad as the Ford.

Johan 1963 Olds. Not sure of the origins of this one. It is probably a restoration of a built up.

AMT 1963 Pontiac. This is another one that I bought in 1963. I built it unpainted, but when I got interested in models again, I painted it red. The trim is silver, so it must have been before I knew about BMF.

AMT 1963 Pontiac. I didn't build this one. It is an ebay find I hope to restore one day. I have the stock bumper and grill.

MCW 1963 Pontiac. Last but not least is this resin Catalina from MCW that is done as one of Arnie Beswicks drag cars..

Messages In This Thread