Spotlight Hobbies

ONE OF THE BIGGEST...shows to be held in Rockford. Honoring the day with color guards etc... Give a salute to the First Responders and our Service Folks. PIX and thanks for looking

Great show held at a torn down strip mall. This was one of the biggest Memorial Day show held here, The Labor Day show held here is one of the biggest until this past Saturday. My best friend Frank (58 Vette) and I usually sit at the entrance with our cars right at the end of it . Watching the cars parade in when it starts to slow down we start to stroll around talking to old friends, new friends, and about subjects we find interesting.
This years show more than doubled from years before, last I heard it was tallying around 250 cars, I don't have an exact number but in walking around cars were being parking in areas that never were before. I hated not having my 68 Biscayne out yet. I did get my truck from storage the other day though.
I wish I would have taken more pictures but as you can tell by the backround the lot was FULL FULL. Sorry.
By the way that 62 Vette (Copper) is a survivor just brought out after 50 years in storage. Very impressive.

This 65 Deluxe 300 belongs to a friend of mine I had not seen in 3-4 yrs to sit down and talk. He has owned this car as long as I've known him. VERY FAST and such a beautiful car. BUT! I'm playing favorites. I bring this up because he use to own Terry Jessee's 68 Woody Wagon.

This HHR kind of caught my eye because I use to have one... I noticed something about it so I walked over and to my surprise I see this under the hood. Never seen that car around but MAN in caught my eye.

Messages In This Thread