Spotlight Hobbies

Winter to Spring Builds

Here are several models I finished during the winter of '22 to spring of '23. I say finished because some of these were started much earlier (painted, main assemblies, etc, so I would have things to work on when it would be too cold to paint).
Thanks for looking!

Tim

First up - kitbashing the AMT Autocar Dump Truck and Ford GarWood Refuse Truck

Next - A Michigan Special Peterbilt cabover

Sticking with the non-sleeper Peterbilt cabover theme - a non-sleeper single drive California tractor.

With Round2 bringing the Paystar 5000 Dump Truck back this summer, I thought I'd finally build the original Ertl kit I have. I added a lift axle and swapped some resin front wheels for the original pieces.

Jumping to a Revell kit.. the Revell of Germany Peterbilt 359. I added a resin long hood, lengthened the frame and added a lift axle.

Heading back to the late 50's and early 60s for this style of sleeper tractor

Resin cab/hood for a White integral sleeper cab. The donor chassis is an AMT White-Western Star with wheels from an Autocar A64B kit.
The Pirkle logos are home brew printed on BMF inkjet paper.

What if the brown Peterbilt on the box of the AMT California Hauler with sleeper had been spotted years after hauling cross-country, still working, not abused, just used.
Here's my idea of just that. The California Hauler (this is an original 1970 issue) seen at work.

On the California Hauler with sleeper theme - here's the new kit - this time with a twist - a dump box added from the AMT Ford Snowplow kit.
This type of configuration would be seen hauling specialty cargo.

And lastly.. a bright red Peterbilt 359 with a long wheelbase and Mercury sleeper.

That's it - for now.. there are a few other winter builds not yet photographed. It was a productive winter!

Tim

Messages In This Thread