Spotlight Hobbies

On The Bench! MPC 68 Dodge Coronet R/T covertitble (PICS)

Some updates. I went to my parts boxes looking for the three or four Revell 440 engines I have from the Charger kits. No luck, I couldn't find them. So I opened up another Revell 68 Charger kit for the engine and other things.

I decided to use the Keystone mags from the Revell charger kit along with the redlines from the 68 GTO kit. Since Revell made the Keystones in the 68 Charger kit two different sizes (one for regular tires and the other set for the slicks) I had to find my other set of these from another 68 Charger kit (I have three/four of them). I painted the black portion semi-gloss and the brake drum color metallic grey, all Tamiya colors.

After assembling the basic engine, I was thinking about putting on a six-pack but ultimately decided to go with a warmed-over stock engine (you can see the "aluminum" aftermarket intake here :-)). A long tail B-N-L Torq flight resin transmission completes this part of the drivetrain. The engine is painted with good old Testors orange, I do not know why the engine color looks redish.

I am using the larger looking rear axle from the Revell Charger kit. The rear axles in the AMT 68/69 RR/GTX kits look whimpy.

Here is how it's looking so far. I'll have too adjust the rear axle placement to get it all to line up properly.

Engine sits in the compartment really nice. The chrome valve covers are from the Revell 68 Dart kit.

The model will be painted Tamiya TS-97 Pearl yellow. (example below)

Thanks for looking all comments welcomed.

Messages In This Thread