Spotlight Hobbies

Heritagecon XV, Warplane Heritage Museum, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada...short report... *LINK*

I was vending and did not take any photographs but there are lots around the internet so go search. This is an IPMS event with all classes of models. The show opened at 9AM, shortly before 11AM the museum had to stop admitting people as they hit the maximum capacity allowed by fire regulations...2,300 spectators! Over the next few hours, they allowed people to enter as someone exited. If you went to put some models in your car, you had to wait in line to get back in, there were that many people in line. By the time they started the awards, the attendance was about 2,800 spectators! As for contest entries, they were over 1,000! This may have been the biggest model show attendance in Canada, definitely the biggest I have been to since I started going to shows in 1976. As I said earlier, I was vending and had an excellent day :) I spoke to several other vendors and they said the same thing. The modellers were out in force displaying, shopping, gabbing, smiling. There were no complaints even with the wait at the door. The only thing they may have to add is a resting place for spectators, not a bad idea to have a few chairs. If you are in the southern Ontario area, the next model show is TORCAN in Brampton on Saturday, May 27th :)