Spotlight Hobbies

Hey guys, Happy Saturday! We're getting socked with snow today so I did some house cleaning and took a shower and now I can get some work done on models. Progress pics of Hudson Hornet chassis.

It looks like I should be able to scrub off the rest of the paint from the Hornet body later today and hopefully get primer on it by tonight. In the meantime, I finally finished assembling the frame and floorboards. Not an easy task I must say. Pretty detailed parts but some of the locating points were kind of vague in the instructions. At least I'll know how to do it for the next two Hornet kits I will build. I have a pair of '53 Club Coupe kits coming, one for me and one to build for my friend Doane. Anyway, here are a few pics of the completed undercarriage.

I didn't follow the exact colors called out because it just seemed like a little too much black and I decided to add some aluminum for the front tie rod and sway bar and magnesium for the leaf springs, plus red for the shocks to help tie in with the red engine and transmission. I think it looks pretty nice. I drilled out the crankcase vent tube as well as the tailpipe for a little extra realism.

Since I had the Hornet body in the strip tank, I decided to start on another project, this time for my friend Sara. It's Revell's mid 80's Porsche 911 Targa kit and she chose metallic purple for the color, plus a white and black interior. I will be using Testors' Purplicious lacquer but I want to see what basecoat will look best under it so I need to do the plastic spoon test to see which one looks best. So far the parts are going together nicely and I have a few parts painted. It's a nice kit with optional seats, headlamps, front bumper, and right and left hand steering, for either US or European specs. Most of the parts are molded crisply with just a bit of flash on some parts. Here are a couple pictures of my progress on the 911 so far.

Thanks for looking and enjoy your weekend!

Bob Kremer