Spotlight Hobbies

CCKW #4

Progress made on the cab of the CCKW. Sides of brass sheet and the back of sheet plastic. I've used the engine from the "41 Chevy pickup along with the cowl, firewall, lower side splash panels and floorboard. No sense in reinventing the wheel. All of the running gear is now in place. The Uiversal joints are 3D printed from Shapeways. They are pinned on one direction so that they can flex with the tandem axles.

Hosted on Fotki
The frame is painted, tires and wheels are painted. The windshield is done, made up of 3/64 round tubing, 1/16 angle and some shim stock. The glass will fit flush with the inside of the brass angle. The hood is temporarily pinned and will need T handles up front beside the headlights. The headlight buckets are resin castings made from a turned aluminum master. For the hood louvers, I used 0.040 quarter round. A decal was set on the hood sides with vertical lines to indicate where the louvers should go. It was sealed with clear lacquer. The plastic louver strips were glued with CA over the decal. Corners were cut off with a sharp Xacto blade.

Hosted on Fotki
Finally got the rear bumperettes done and mounted. A piece of brass shim stock was heated to soften it. I carved the general shape in some Renshape and then pressed the softened brass around the buck. Then the pieces were trimmed to final shape.

Hosted on Fotki

Messages In This Thread