Spotlight Hobbies

Just finished the interior of my friend's BMW M635CSI.

This is Tamiya's BMW M635CSI kit from 1986. It's amazing how much better their kits have gotten since this one was put out. The dash is two pieces and the mating surfaces aren't real positive so some gap filling superglue did the trick here. The body paint is just about finished and the parts are in my dehydrator since I am using vintage Testors Arctic Blue enamel. I finished one can and still have two more. I also have Fujimi's Enthusiast Series M6 kit and while their kit has a much higher parts count and some better engineering and parts fit, it isn't a cakewalk by any means. I actually started the kit way back in college around 1990 or so, then later sold it in partially built condition to a friend who sold it back to me a few years ago. I'm thinking of possibly painting the Fujimi car in the same color but I'm not sure yet. I've found several nice reference cars online so it's a matter of what color exterior and interior and get back to finishing it. Thanks for looking and have a good evening everyone!
Bob Kremer

Messages In This Thread