Spotlight Hobbies

A long time back I began trying to gather kits, resins, etc. to build a replica of each car I have had. My first car was a '61 Chevy 4 door flattop sedan and as a fan of American Graffiti who actually lived the dragging Main life style when I was in high school I thought it

would be cool to do a date night or prom night diorama of me picking up my date with me and my girl friend approaching my Chevy parked at the curb in front of her house. Since I am a short guy and she was almost a head taller I thought the Toad and Debbie figures, with a little modification of outfits would be perfect for that. It took a long time and a lot of passing on opportunities that were priced too high to finally find them. One was a gift from a board member (a Mopar fan whose name eludes me right now) who I sent one of the Mopar bird kits as a thank you. It is weird that those two figures seem to come up in batches - I guess because one sells for a good price and other folks decide it is time to sell. The demand would hold for a few, then the last ones would go for lower bids. It has been years so I do not know if that pattern still holds or not but might be something to take into account if it does. Good luck!

Messages In This Thread