Spotlight Hobbies

Off the bench......PICS...... *LINK*

The new 2021 Charger R/T kit from Round 2. This has got to be the high point for Round 2. The fit on this kit is just wonderful. In fact, it's almost to good. You'll need to scrape any paint off the alignment pins or they won't fit into their holes. I detail painted the engine in various shades for 'visual interest' but the fit is so tight in the engine bay that you can't see hardly any of it. I followed the instructions 100% but I would make one change. Put the engine in BEFORE the firewall. It'll make life easier. When I test fitted the interior onto the chassis I noticed that it rocked side to side a bit. Just a little bit of plastic needs to be removed from either the tunnel on the chassis or the tunnel on the interior. That was the only fit issue I had. The instructions call for the chassis to be painted "EZ Coat Olive Green. I used Tamiya Olive Drab 'cause it's darn close! Interior is shades of black (flat, semi-gloss and Nato Black). Body is the current F8 Green Metallic with Tamiya clear. I used the kit decals which were very nice except for the fact that flat decals don't work on compound curved surfaces. Next time I'll mask and paint the stripes. I took one liberty in painting. I painted the rocker panels and exhaust cove Tamiya Bare Metal Silver to match the stripes. Comments are always welcome.

Messages In This Thread