Spotlight Hobbies

My thoughts (so far) on the new AMT 2021 Charger R/T kit......

W0W! It is very well done. Everything fits like it's supposed to. Parting lines are almost invisible. Worst one is on the body by the 'C' pillar and it's average. I've seen lots worse. I spent time painting the motor with various shades for 'visual difference' but when it's in the engine bay with the engine cover on you can't hardly see anything. Front suspension is a bit fiddely because (if you desire) you can make it steerable and there are a lot of small pieces that you need to fit just right. I don't do steering or rolling wheels on my builds. The only place I would not follow the order of assembly is step #17, the firewall placement. I'd wait until after the engine in in the engine bay. It's a very tight fit with the firewall in place and you'll swear a lot less if you wait until after. The biggest headache coming up will be painting the window glass. They do give you paper templates to help but I'm unsure about dealing with those. I haven't really given it much thought yet. I understand there are some kind of 'tape' templates available on the internet. The fit of parts is so good that you must remove any paint from pins and the holes they go in for parts to fit easily. We do now know that there is at least one other version of this kit coming out as there are four identical parts on the chrome tree that are not mentioned in the instructions. I'm having a fun time with this kit!!

Messages In This Thread