Spotlight Hobbies

Next weekend, Jan 28-29 is the 17th Annual 24 Hour Build on Facebook. Here is what I'm building.

Exactly one week away I have decided on the model I will build for the 24 Hour Build - it will be Tamiya's '98 VW Beetle, built to represent a Best Buy "Geek Squad" car. It shouldn't take that long to build except for priming the yellow body and making sure the white is bright, plus the custom made door graphics which I've already asked my wife to help me with, since she's a graphic designer. There is one snag however: we will be going out to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday most likely Saturday night which will be about a three hour period of time. I wonder if I could start around 9 or 10 on Saturday morning to make up for the time spent at the supper club? Just a thought! In looking at pictures online, there isn't a whole lot of pictures other than the exterior shots of the Beetles. I know that Tamiya's kit is actually older than when Best Buy started using the Beetles so the wheels and some minor body details aren't exactly correct but I will have fun and do the "best" I can! Lol Thanks for looking!

Bob Kremer

Messages In This Thread