Spotlight Hobbies

1965 Plymouth S/S Drag Car (photos)

Finished my 1965 Plymouth Belvedere. This started out as the Buch Leal version but, I want to build the Drag On Lady version which was basically the same car. I just finished reading her book and sent for the Slixx decals to do this car. Since this was a constant changing car like most race cars I picked a photo of the version I wanted and stuck to that. Basically it was a white car and they painted all the blue not including the engine compartment, door and trunk edges. So when I painted the blue I did the same thing so the overspray is on the edges. Again race car the finish paint is down and dirty like it would have been on this car. Basically stock build only adding a scratch built extended oil pan and longer collectors on the headers. Changed the wheels and tires. I did make the front wheels steerable. I wired the motor with a pre wired Mallory distributor from Connkur model accessories. I spray painted the complete car with spray cans and the hood, roof and trunk stripes are masked and painted .Side panels are painted but, the stripes are the decals. Thats about it.

Messages In This Thread