Spotlight Hobbies

The 70's era cars all share the same chassis....... *PIC*

which is a copy of the old Polar Lights Dodge chassis.......with a few new errors thrown in.
Don't get me wrong. Salvinos is doing things and making kits no one else would try. And they are spending capital at a good rate. I am happy they are trying.
BUT....and a big BUT......when they were developing the first kits a few of us that have done NASCAR related work for RM, RC2 and R2 offered FREE help. We were all told to start our own model companies. OK.....So they ended up with a product that had to be retooled a number of times.....and for the money they have spent......it could have been better.
One example and I'll shut up.
The original kit was missing the rear trailing arms. Salvinos tooled up the rear trailing arms. Problem is they tooled them up in 1/32 scale!!!! Below is a photo. AMT 1/25 scale GM trailing arms on the left. Salvinos part of the same item on right. I myself offered free consult on this.....same answer. (would 'WE' accept this on a new tool AMT or RM kit??) There are a number of other things wrong or in need of fixing......that's for another day.....thanks

Messages In This Thread