Spotlight Hobbies

Here is how that happen... someone caused me to wreck my 66 Coronet, The insurance paid my mom $600, she kept that... I worked two jobs in the summer months and saved $5 or $600. The summer going into Jr year I had enough credits to graduate early knowing that and **INSIDE*

never a kid to get into trouble still working two jobs my mom gave me that $600 for an early grad present giving me about $1200 and my mom co-signed for me for the other $500 to buy that Duster. The Duster belong (remember I said we all lived pretty much in the same area... That was before bussing.) to a friend that lived around the corner and a few blocks down his brother in law (he was 4-5 yrs older) was actually the one that owned it and I use to see it every time I went that direction. One day I spotted it turning the corner with a for sale sign in it so I doubled back and asked about it. Two days later I had the car in my driveway. He wanted $1800 but he let me have it for $1700. I worked my but off for that summer to pay it off finally getting it paid off by November.
You know that wasn't unusual to have cars like that then. Some of the guys I ran with had Chevelle's, Charger's, Mustang's etc... But most of us had pretty good jobs for the summer, back then you could buy nice muscle cars pretty cheap for the day though they were kind of expensive for a HS kid we all managed to have nice cars. With the help of our co-signing parents. We only had one guy Mike Loftus get his car taken away by his dad because he messed up pretty much on a regular bases.

Messages In This Thread