Spotlight Hobbies

Well, thanks to Marty, I'm "Flippin' Out" ..........*PICS* ..........

While these types of cars and models are not usually in my wheel house, I've thought about this kit for decades because I thought it was so cool when it came out in 1978. I LOVED the colors. I was 12 years old and built mine poorly. No idea what happened to it. Always wanted another one.

I found a built up trashed out rag on ebay, cheap. I had to have the original issue because of the cool hood. The re-issue has a flat hood. I thought about building it as a "barn find". It had a lot of dirt on it so I washed the body. Well, much of the decals disintegrated. So I stripped the poor yellow paint job and the decals and I ended up with a beautiful lemon yellow molded body.

Thanks to Marty, he sent me an original decal sheet so I can build this wonderful model again. I bought the re-issued kit and I'm going to put the all original body on it.

I'm well on my way.

Thanks again Marty !!!

These colors are hard to photograph, they are a little too dark in these pics. The decal stripes are tri-color.......purple, orange and pink. Soooo '70's, sooooo cool!

Messages In This Thread